Imagine yourself missing dinner the previous evening and waking up at 5:45 AM with an empty kitchen, much more, with an empty stomach. In this feature, I am sharing with you the result of my sudden craving for pasta and of course, the need of shooting it in between.
This dish is perfect for those who needs a quick pasta fix. It can be done almost instantly as it does not take much work in preparing the ingredients. Much more, it is certainly tasty even with no meat. You can easily prepare it for yourself or for those unexpected guests at home.
– salt and pepper
– 8 cloves of garlic
– 1 shallot
– ready-to-cook pasta (spaghetti or capellini)
– 1/3 cup of sliced olives (shred whole ones to improvise)
– 1/3 cup or 5 pieces of sundried tomatoes
– olive oil
– unsalted butter
– dried herbs (basil/rosemary/tarragon)
To do it:
1. Easily bring water into a boil by putting a pinch of salt; once boiling, pour in a tablespoon of oil then the ready-to-cook pasta. Cook until al-dente for about 8 to 10 minutes. Prepare the rest of the ingredients while waiting for the pasta to cook;
2. Crush garlic; in a small bowl, season with pinches of salt and pepper. This retains the extracts of the garlic – maintaining its strong flavor; Chop the shallots then set aside;
3. Chop the sundried tomatoes and mix with the olives. Coat these with a little salt and pepper. The oil from the sundried tomatoes will make it easy for you to equally distribute the taste;
4. Drizzle pan with olive oil; after a few seconds, drop 1 and a half tablespoon of unsalted butter. Slowly melt over low fire. Heat it up quickly to saute the garlic then the shallots;
5. Place the olives and sundried tomatoes; continue sauteing until the mixture simmers with the oil and extracts of the sundried tomatoes. Season with more pepper and a dash of dried herbs;
6. Toss the pasta into the olive and sundried tomatoes; continue doing it in medium heat;
7. Serve hot with your choice of warm bread; and top it with sprinkles of Parmesan cheese.
Good thing I cooked quite a plenty that time. Because just when the house started to get fragrant because of my cooking, the rest of the household just started walking around the kitchen waiting to get a good look at it, much more, a taste of it. I was able to make loads that time. Since it’s not that tedious, one can even easily make batches of it.