Doing the Shooting-with-your-Phone Photo Challenge

With my growing enthusiasm to framing almost anything while giving myself opportunities to play with color and lighting, I challenged my skills through a camera phone.  They say that in order to be a good photographer, one must not depend on the capabilities of a high-model camera nor the use of expensive lenses matched with diffusers, filters, and speedlights.  The device (including the photo editing software) will only do 1% of the job.  The remaining 99% is all the one taking the picture.  It takes a great deal of imagination and even playfulness to produce pictures that hopes to deliver a feeling, sanctity, poignancy, or even the movement of the subject during that very moment.  Taking pictures, especially in my recent experience provides opportunities to portray different perspectives while allowing spaces for its latter audience to fill-in their stories.

Featured below are different perspectives on walkways, garden wooden benches, petals, and morning skies during my stay in Hacienda Gracia Resort and Hotel in Lubao, Pampanga.  I like the contrasts of red, white, and green – reminds me of the colors of my Alma Mater, the University of the Philippines.  I am still making my own little steps to give-back on what my University has fostered me.  Also featured were my brief fascination on pink.  My apologies if I cannot recall the exact name of the flower I took pictures of.  Its boldness contrasts beautifully on the bareness of the leaves surrounding the garden.  I also cannot disregard the drift-wood-like (Is this correct?) texture of the wooden bench from the top and its adjacent perspective underneath.  I took this as a perspective of a lone pebble beside it.  Seemingly, I like the effect of the light, slowly piercing through corners under the bench and the shadows it created through the creases.  Lastly, I don’t want to miss the light of dawn making its way a thick sea of clouds as well as silhouettes of trees.  It reminds me that no matter how many obstacles that we may encounter, we will always find a way through.

Please enjoy this latest feature.   Share your experience in camera phones or similar point-and-shoot devices.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s